Sunday, July 9, 2017

Mission Log - May 15, 2017 - T5, W6 - Baptism and Transfer

Hola for the last time from El Paso!



This week was a very special week to be a missionary.  There were many miracles, a few heartbreaks, and a baptism (Fernanda).  Throughout the week, I've been blessed to learn a lot - about myself, and about how Heavenly Father works.  My testimony has been strengthened and I've come to rely more fully on His mercy.

I'm getting transferred!  I'm sad to leave Ascarate - I've learned a lot in my time here and I've made good friends.  I've had some sacred experiences that have changed me as a person.  But I'm ready to take on Transmountain!  I'm glad I won't be too far away from my first area - I'll be able to take the new investigators I meet to baptisms of my old investigators, then they'll want to get baptized! :)



I had the opportunity to talk with my awesome family. I love them a ton! Happy Mother's day.

The ten minute Restoration with BDAW we'd practiced so much really went well, thanks to the Help of the Spirit.  There were about 15 non-members there- one from Montwood, one from the Elders, one from 4th ward, 10 of Fernanda's friends (one of whom cried), her non-member Father, and one of our investigators, whom we cornered afterward and asked to stay for the Mother's day activity.  She, Nelli, not only stayed for the Mother's day activity, she also made a friend who gave her a tour of the building!  She's so awesome - and she agreed to be baptized!

Many more miracles are in store - the Work never ceases!

Love you!
Hermana Smurthwaite

Also, BDAW is an acronym meaning Before, During, After, Warning - it's a guide for how to teach about the Holy Ghost in lessons. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment