Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Mission Log - January 17, 2017 - T3, W2 - Opposition precedes Agency precedes Growth

Hola, all!



This is Hermana Blow, my new companion! (She reminds me of Heather Petty) :)  I was sad to see Hna Martin leave, but Hna Blow certainly has made her mark here in el Paso!



Karen Diaz got her mission call!  The ward is very excited for her.  Her mom, the Beehive leader, asked us missionaries to come teach a lesson on missionary work in her class on Sunday. :)
 (her mom's the one wiping her eye)



All's well here.  The work continues, the Lord continues to show us patience, and we are blessed with many mighty miracles.

I was reading in 2 Nephi 2 this morning, when Lehi is talking to his son, Jacob.  He explains opposition - how in order to know good, we have to know bad.  It really made me think about how grateful I am for trials (yep, you read that right).  If we never had to have trials, we would never grow.  If we never grew, we could never become like our Father in Heaven.  Opposition precedes agency precedes growth.  I hope to continue to grow and learn as time goes on and as trials come.  I have hope that my older brother, Jesus Christ, will be beside me every step of the way.

I love you all,
Hermana Smurthwaite

No comments:

Post a Comment